The upgrade procedure will be different depending on your current version of Mango Automation. For example, if you currently have core version 2.5.2 or higher then upgrading is as simple as going to the Modules page in Mango and clicking on the “Check for upgrades” button.
If your current version is less than 2.5.2 you can follow the instructions below. Note you can also use the instructions below to upgrade a Mango version greater than 2.5.2
It's always a good idea to clear your browser's cache after you do an upgrade.
Upgrade for Windows Systems
Note for Windows users: If you are running a Mango version prior to 2.6 on Windows using the /bin/ma-start.bat file you need to first download the following two file and place into your MA_HOME/bin/ folder overwriting the files there.
What if I didn't get the new ma-start.bat and upgrade.bat before I attempted to upgrade?
Not to worry. You can recover from this mistake.
The result of this mistake will likely be you will still see your old version of Mango when you go to the Modules page and most or none of your modules will appear.
Go to your MA_HOME/ directory and unzip the m2m2-core-2.x.x.zip file. Be sure to unzip in the MA_HOME/ directory and choose Copy and Replace for all files
- Remove the m2m2-core-2.x.x.zip from the MA_HOME folder
Now start Mango and allow it complete the upgrade
If you are running Windows as a service first install the two files above and then do the upgrade but use the advanced option to NOT restart Mango. After all the files are downloaded stop the Mango service and start Mango once using the ma-start.bat file.
Standard Manual Upgrade Instructions
1. Stop Mango
2. Make a full backup of the MA_HOME folder and database. If using MySQL do a msql dump to backup the database.
3. Make sure your /classes/env.properties file has been copied to /overrides/properties/env.properties (this will insure your changes will remain after upgrade)
3. Delete the “lib” folder in your MA_HOME directory
4. Download and unzip the Mango Automation 2.X.X zip file into the MA_HOME folder overwriting the existing files.
5. Start Mango and verify the upgrade.
Note: Some users upgrading from 2.4.2 using a H2 database may get an error stating wrong username and password for the h2 database. To correct this edit the env.properties file and set the H2 database username and password to blank.